Many of us creative, intuitive beings are walking around thinking poorly of ourselves. We still buy into the idea that sensitivity is a weakness. Time to knock it off!
Here's a throwback to my old-fashioned style quiz which will help you understand how your sensitivity can actually be a strength in your day to day life.
The Strength of Sensitivity Quiz
- Your sense of smell is very acute, such that odors bother you even when other people don’t notice them.
- Other people always seem to come to you for support and someone to talk to.
- You startle easily from unexpected stimuli like loud noises.
- You have learned that it is usually best to trust your gut feelings when making decisions rather than over-thinking it.
- You have a special connection with animals and easily understand their nonverbal communication.
- You often see the obvious solution to a problem despite others trying the same old approaches over and over.
- You avoid watching the news or certain shows and movies because there is too much negativity or violence.
- You hear sounds that others don’t seem to notice such as the buzzing of fluorescent lights, or the high-pitched sound from some electronics.
- You have had an experience of feeling strongly that you would be doing something (moving into a blue house, starting a new job) had no idea how that could happen, but it eventually did.
- You are a musician, artist, writer, or crafty person who loves to design or make things.
- You have uncomfortable reactions around certain scented products, such as perfume, cleaners, scented candles, etc.
- You have good instincts. As long as you follow them, things tend to turn out well.
- You revel in sensory experiences, such as touching a soft blanket, looking at a beautiful flower, or sipping a warm cup of tea.
- You wish that organizations like schools and corporations would experiment with new approaches to be more effective.
- You are often able to notice what other people (adults and children) need or want without them verbally telling you.